Welcome to the MDI website. Content and updating of information is ongoing on our website, therefore if you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us.
March 6th, 2020
Date: 06th March 2020
Over the past few days MDI has been monitoring developments regarding the outbreak of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) in Ireland, and evaluating potential steps to ensure the health and wellbeing of both our staff and members.
This could include the possible postponement of activities and events, including the Emergency General Meeting scheduled for Sunday March 8th, subject to guidance and recommendations made within the HSE and Dept. of Health’s public statements.
However, as of 17:00 today, Friday 6th of March, there have been no official recommendations made and we can confirm the MDI EGM on Sunday March 8th will be going ahead as planned.
This is of course subject to future developments and recommendations from the health authorities. Should there be any change we will endeavour to notify all members as quickly and effectively as possible. Please follow our Facebook and Website pages for updates.
Dr. John Roche
Chairperson – Muscular Dystrophy Ireland