Shout out to paid up members
We need your help! To run a successful charity, we need member participation on our board! We simply could not succeed without you. We need you to join us and provide diverse skills that will help us deliver on our mission and values.
Why: our objective is to help our members, to provide information, support and services, to promote independent living for people with MD and to support and fund research. On our board, we have people who have MD themselves or are family members of those affected by MD and we are looking for all perspectives. People who are passionate about helping MDI but who may not be associated with the organisation are also welcome.
What you will be doing: You will be required to:
- advise the management team on important topics and strategy direction
- be involved in making decisions that will drive MDI forward in order to deliver on its strategic objectives
- ensure the needs of the members are met in line with the strategic plan
- strive to work with the organisation to deliver on our mission and values
- ensure that all legal and financial obligations are met
Team: we currently have many passionate team members on the board who are driven to deliver MDI’s strategy. We would like you to be part of this team. If you would like to help us drive the organisation and have some of the diverse skills that we are looking for please apply to join us, WE NEED YOU!!!
Consider joining us if any of the below apply to you:
- You have MD,
- You have a family member with MD,
- You are passionate about helping MDI,
- You have legal experience,
- You have HR experience,
- You have finance experience,
Please see Member Role Specifications here
We are in this together and can only drive MDI forward together
Note: Board members can only be nominated by MDI members who have paid their annual subscription on or by the 26th June 2021. To be able to vote for a board nominee you must also have paid your annual subscription on or by the 26th June 2021.
If you are interested in getting involved in MDI, but do not wish to join the board please contact us! We have many other teams working to drive the strategy of MDI forward.