By becoming a member of MDI, you acknowledge that we will need to process your personal data. Muscular Dystrophy Ireland, as the Data Controller, collects details provided by you for the following purposes:
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provideyou with the membership services outlined below:
- Family Support Programme
- Youth Service Programme
- Personal Assistant Service
- Counselling and Bereavement Services
- Transport and Equipment Loans
- National Office Facilities
- Providing you with information on:
- Activities and events carried out by MDI
- Developments of relevance to people with neuromuscular conditions
- Opportunities for members to tell MDI about issues they are experiencing
- Fundraising activities carried out by MDI and the muscular dystrophy community
- Opportunities to participate in research of relevance to neuromuscular conditions.
All information held concerning you as an individual for the aforementioned purposes will be held and processed by MDI strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018. Such data will be processed by the organisation to administer our relationship with you as a valued member and to provide you with information about MDI activities, services, events and news. Your data will be retained for as long as you are a member and in line with MDI’s correlating legal obligations and Data Retention Schedule.
MDI’s lawful basis under Article 6 GDPR for holding and processing information concerning you is the performance of a contract.
Insofar as the personal data concerned constitute special category data as defined under Article 9 GDPR, MDI, as a not-for-profit body, relies on Article 9(d) as our lawful basis for such processing.
Under data protection legislation you have several rights bestowed onto you. You may at any time exercise your right of access, restriction, rectification, erasure, portability, objection and to withdraw your consent (insofar as the lawful basis for processing your data is consent). To exercise your rights, please contact us on email@example.com. For further information regarding MDI’s processing of your personal data, please refer to our Privacy Statement/Notice, https://www.mdi.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MDI-Privacy-Statement_Notice-081221.pdf.
Your data will be retained for as long as you are a member and in line with MDI’s Data Retention Schedule. We may have other legal obligations to retain that data for an extended period of time.