Job Opportunity – Project Officer
March 8th, 2023
Three-month specified-purpose contract.
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland (MDI) is a voluntary organisation that provides support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families. Muscular Dystrophy Ireland envisages an Ireland that enables people with neuromuscular conditions to fully participate in society and reach their full potential.
Our mission: Our mission is to support people with muscular dystrophy. We do this, using a member-centred approach, by:
- Providing information and support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families through a range of support services.
- Advocating for services and entitlements for members, educating and informing society about the conditions.
- Supporting researchers and clinicians to carry out quality research into neuromuscular conditions.
About muscular dystrophy: muscular dystrophy is a collective name for a range of neuromuscular conditions. It is characterised as a progressive weakening, wasting and loss of muscle mass over time. It can present at birth, childhood or manifest later in life.
The position will involve delivering on goal-focused project and development work for MDI services. They will need to have excellent communication and team-work skills and be part of a strong team. They will also need to have a good understanding of health and social services and the needs of people with disabilities.
Job title: Project Support Worker
Reporting to: MDI’s CEO
Contract type: 3 month specified-purpose contract, part-time.
- Lead and contribute to organising and planning the development of a bank of FAQs for the MDI website.
- Lead and contribute to organising and planning the development of a bank of case studies for MDI website.
- Lead and contribute to organising and planning the development of three advocacy committees.
- Lead and contribute to the development of an information line.
- Lead and contribute the development of a volunteer programme.
- Participate in regular team meetings with the CEO and Head of Services.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working for people with disabilities and or delivering services to marginalised groups in society.
- Familiarity with the Irish social, educational and medical systems.
- Relevant third level qualification
- Experience of report writing, researching and conducting surveys.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent administration and time management skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience of compiling statistics and project work
- Due to the nature of this post, lived experience of muscular dystrophy.
- Organised and focused.
- Commitment to the aims and goals of Muscular Dystrophy Ireland.
Terms and conditions
- Three month specified purpose contract – 20 hours per week
- Probation period 0 months
- 21 days annual leave pro rata
- Salary is based on the Health Service Executive Clerical IV Point 5 €29,103 (pro rata)
- The position is subject to availability of ongoing funding.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: CEO@MDI.ie
The closing date, 21/03/23
Shortlisting will be applied, and interviews will take place on 23rd March 2023.
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.