Welcome to the MDI website. Content and updating of information is ongoing on our website, therefore if you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us.
August 27th, 2020
We are aware of many members seeking advice on going back to school. Here is the Government’s Back to School Guidance for Children with health conditions. You can also find this by scrolling towards the end of https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/40e9c-protecting-your-child-from-coronavirus/ For lots more information for students and their families returning to school, including a section on wellbeing resources, follow this link https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a04fc-advice-for-students-and-their-families/
- an underlying health condition
- special healthcare needs.
- be extra careful in watching out for symptoms
- strictly follow the advice on good hygiene and hand washing.
If you do have concerns about your child’s health condition, ask their specialist team for advice.
A small number of children with coronavirus have developed an inflammatory syndrome called paediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome (PIMS). This condition is rare. It mainly occurs in children who do not have a health condition. Read more about PIMS. Read more about PIMS here.
- isolate your child – this means keep them at home and completely avoid contact with other people. This includes other people in your household – Read advice on self-isolation
- phone your GP and specialist – they will advise you if your child needs a coronavirus test.