July 28th, 2023
We are busy lining up some condition-specific community get-togethers for members, starting in September/October. The aim of the get-togethers will be to:
- facilitate people living with specific conditions and their families to get together as a community
- exchange information and experience, and support one another to improve the lives of people with the condition
- ·learn about developments in treatments and research.
We have set some dates already that you might like to put in your diary and we will let you know of the dates of further get-togethers once they’re fixed. The get-togethers will be hybrid so you can attend online or in-person at MDI Offices, Chapelizod, Dublin 20. We will send out booking information closer to the events.
Limb girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD) Community Get-Together on Wednesday 4 October from 11.30 to 15.00.
- Details to follow.
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Community Get-together on Thurs 19 October, times to be confirmed
Speaker booked so far:
- Maureen Bradley – will speak about Living well with CMT. Maureen is an MDI member and retired physiotherapist living with CMT.
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland and Myotonic Dystrophy Support Group UK (MDSG) Community Get-together on Thursday 26 October, 11.00 – 15.00 hours
Speakers booked so far:
- Dr Chris Turner – will speak about Modern treatments for myotonic dystrophy. Dr Turner is co-author of The myotonic dystrophies: diagnosis and management and a consultant neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London.
- Michael Walker from MDSG(UK) – hear about the work of MDSG(UK) and ask Michael questions.
More information on these and other MDI Community Get-togethers soon!