July 18th, 2023
Action Duchenne, a UK organisation focused on Duchenne, is bringing their science tour to Dublin on 19 July.
Science workshop topics include:
- Understanding genetics and mutations
- What is Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
- Role of dystrophin in the muscle
- Dystrophin in the brain
- What are clinical trials?
- Current management and emerging treatments
- Support for families and helpful resources
Who will benefit from attending:
- Newly diagnosed families (parents, carers, grandparents, friends)
- Families starting their learning journey in Duchenne
- Families’ teams (school, nursery, physios, OTs, care advisors)
- Anyone who wants to understand more about Duchenne so that they can make informed decisions.
Click here for more information and to register for this free event.