Notice of Annual General Meeting of Muscular Dystrophy Ireland Company Limited by Guarantee (the ‘Company’)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting (‘AGM’) of the Company will be held on Saturday 27 May 2023 at 12.30 pm at MDI’s registered office, 75 Lucan Road, Chapelizod, Dublin 20, D20 DR77 and, for a member using Zoom facility, at the member’s home address as recorded in the register of members of the Company for the following purpose:
1. Approval of the Minutes of the AGM held on 24 September 2022.
2. Discussion relating to any matters arising from the Minutes of the 2022 AGM.
3. Chairperson’s Report.
4. To receive and consider the Company’s audited financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2022 together with the reports of the directors and of the auditors thereon.
5. To note the business of the Company.
6. To appoint Auditors.
7. To authorise the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
8. The following Directors retire in accordance with the Constitution:
a) Mr Gareth Crowe
b) Ms Una McCourt – Position: Company Secretary
c) Dr Ashling Holland
9. By separate resolutions to elect as Directors the following, in accordance with the Constitution and, being eligible, offer themselves for re-election:
a) Mr Patrick Cassidy – Position: Chairperson
b) Mr Patrick Flanagan – Position: Vice Chairperson
c) Mr Eamon Daly – Position: Treasurer
d) Mr Eoghan Clifford
e) Dr Ashling Holland
f) Ms Una McCourt
10. By separate resolutions to elect as Directors the following who offer themselves for election:
a) Ms Aisling Glynn
b) Ms Sarah Judge – Position: Company Secretary
c) Ms Bindu Nair
d) Mr John O’Regan
e) Mr Kevin O’Regan
11. To transact any other business which may be properly transacted at an Annual General Meeting.
By order of the board
Ms Una McCourt
Dated 5 May 2023
Note: Only paid–up members who have paid their annual subscription on or by 31 March 2023 can be nominated for election to the Board of Directors and vote at the AGM on any resolutions.
Note: A member entitled to attend, speak and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend, speak and vote on their behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.