Welcome to the MDI website. Content and updating of information is ongoing on our website, therefore if you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us.
Board Member – Dr. Ashling Holland
Dr. Ashling Holland
Current Position on Board
Current Position/Job Title
Principal Scientist at PepGen Limited
Previous Position/Job Title
• Senior Scientist, PepGen Limited (2018-2019)
• Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Oxford University (2017-2018)
• Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, NUI Maynooth (2015-2017)
Current Membership of any Boards/Committees
• MDI Board from 19/10/2020
• MDI Research Committee from 19/10/2020
Previous Membership of any Boards/Committees
• Post-Doc committee member, DPAG, University of Oxford, (2017-2018)
• Athena SWAN committee member, DPAG, University of Oxford, (2017-2018)
• MDEX Consortium member (2017-2018)
• Chairperson of the Post-Grad/Post-Doc Committee, Biology Department, NUI Maynooth (2012-2016)
• Treasurer Templeogue Basketball Club (2014-2016)
• Student Treasurer of Galway Cycle (NUI Maynooth) (2014-2015)
• Secretary of Galway Cycle (NUI Maynooth) (2013-2014)
Why I want to be on the Board of Muscular Dystrophy Ireland:
My scientific research over the past 10 years has primarily focused on muscular dystrophy. I was first introduced to MDI during my PhD as they sponsored some of my research endeavors. I presented my research at MDI’s 2015 AGM and was inspired by both the MDI team and community. Since then I have continued to work on MD research, both in Ireland and the UK. I would like to contribute to MDI’s mission of supporting people with MD. I believe that my international experience could help MDI develop and achieve its research and clinical goals.
What I bring to the Board of Muscular Dystrophy Ireland as a Director:
I have been working in muscular dystrophy research for the past decade, in both academic and private settings. I believe this, in addition to my experience in project management, successful project delivery, financial planning, goal setting, strategy development and my passion for helping to improve the lives of people with muscular dystrophy will be a benefit to MDI.
How I can help Muscular Dystrophy Ireland achieve its mission:
I believe I can help MDI achieve its mission of supporting people with muscular dystrophy by working closely with the board and the MDI community. I am a dedicated individual who has experience in identifying and prioritising long-term goals and future planning for organisations.